Monday, March 31, 2014

Day One: I love my uterus

On day one of accentuating the body positive, it seems only right to start with the largest muscle in the female body - the mother of all body parts - the uterus.  MY uterus, specifically.  I mean, why on earth would I be thankful for YOUR uterus?  I'm sure it's very nice and you like it a lot, but I have no feelings about yours one way or the other.

MY uterus, on the other hand, is responsible for having sheltered and grown and ultimately ejected into the world four of the cutest, squishiest little humans I've ever had the pleasure of knowing.  I was blessed with healthy, full-term, relatively uneventful pregnancies.  I was able to see their little hearts pulse on the ultrasound screens and feel their kicks and hiccups in the middle of many a sleepless night.  I know so many women whose hearts ache to have that experience but may never.  It's not something I take for granted.  Not only is my body a blessing and a miracle, but thanks in large part to a properly functioning uterus, I was able to help create and carry around a few little miracles of my own.

Yep, my uterus is pretty nifty and, cramps, bloating, and other unpleasant stuff aside,  I'm pretty thankful for it.

Coincidence that the uterus looks like a super strong buff dude?  I think not.


My little miracles.  A few years post-uterus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...