Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Day Two: Functional Fingernails

I've always really liked my fingernails.

I can remember receiving lots of compliments on them as far back as elementary school, probably because they were always long and painted.  I liked to keep them filed and polished, even in my pre-teen days.   I managed to keep that up all the way into my late twenties when, as many women can probably attest, my days of manicures and sparkles and high gloss came to a screeching halt with the birth of my first child.  It turns out that stuff like poo and pee and dish water and bath water and other various fluids that come with out of kids aren't so conducive to having pretty nails.


Nowadays I like my fingernails for different reasons.  Now that I don't worry so much about how perfectly polished they look, I'm finding they're quite functional and practical.  They're great for removing steak from between my teeth or chiseling some unknown, hardened substance off of my kitchen counter, tightening those dang pot handle screws that always come loose, or for getting keys onto key rings.   Ugly and snagged for sure.  But totally functional.  

Stop judging me on that steak thing.  It works when nothing else does.




photo credit:  photo credit: http://www.lovethispic.com/image/37343/mickey-mouse-manicure-art


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...